Donlin Drive Elementary PTO Meeting
December 1, 2020
President: Mark Cardone
Vice President: Jecenia Bresett
Treasurer: Chrissy Wright/Amy Spranger
Secretary: Laura Crandall
Call to order 6:05 pm, via Zoom
· Online book fair (scholastic) – closed Friday
· Sale of DDE Warrior merchandise continues through ~ December 9 (order at online store and items ready by December 21st)
· Picture day for remote learners next week; kids will be featured in yearbook Photo Day (Virtual Only) - Our virtual only students will have their school photos on December 8th (Last name A-K) and December 10th (Last name L-Z) from 8:00am-9:00am. Please contact the school office with questions.
· Dance class is continuing at studio on Morgan Road (Liverpool School of Dance)
· Reaching out to Mrs. Bangson regarding art orders (coffee mugs, etc.)
· Mints – to be wrapped and distributed to teachers (thank you Jecenia!)
· Looking ahead; Princess Ball (potentially June) and Ziti Dinner in spring, pending status of Covid-19
Dollars for Scholars; Rob Just; $500 scholarship each year for a high school senior (from DDE)
Raises money for 2/4 year colleges, trade schools, apprenticeships, etc.; organization since 1970; given over $2,000,000 through 5,500 scholarships; $115,000 in 2020
Fundraisers include bowl-a-thon (January) cancelled this year; Phone/mailathon; July golf outing (cancelled last July due to COVID).
No overheard/expenses; all money raised goes to scholarships.
All school PTOs have contributed
Lani; virtual craft fair suggestion; serve as promotion for local/small business related to DDE; too soon to set up for holiday season; potential as a year long event.